When you are on a soup diet or doctor has recommended you to eat something healthy and light, this is the right soup recipe for you with low budget and it will not take more than 25 minutes to serve on dining table.
RS Notes :-)
Mints are good for stomach digestion and it controls continuous vomit. It has various medicinal use such as common cold, antiseptic and breath freshener.
Green Peas are loaded with vitamin B group, rich source of vitamin A, c.
See, Minty Green Pea Soup has lot of health benefits and taste is good enough to slurp it at once.If you want to try other soup recipe find it out here, Creamy Tomato Soup,Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Recipe adapted from Pankaj Bhadouria the winner of Master Chef India Season1
|Green Peas(unshelled)||2 cups|
|Mint Leaves||1 cup|
|Black Pepper pwd||2/4 tsp|
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large pan; add the chopped onion and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the peas, chopped mint leaves and 3 cups of water. Bring it to boil, cover it and cook until peas get tender. You have to leave it for 12minutes on medium flame.
- Now, strain the water and keep the stocks aside.
- Process the mixture in a blender to make a thick puree using little amount of stored stock.
- Heat the pan, add black pepper and salt, puree, cream and stir it with remaining stock. Simmer it for few minutes.
- Pour it in a soup bowl and decorate it with cream swirl designs.
RS Notes :-)
- You can use the vegetable stocks as given in original recipe.
- Use fresh Mint leaves.