Salam and wishing you all lovely Monsoon,
I did not know Komal Taneja until I received the recipe book along with Hudson Canola Oil. I got the invitation to try their sample and If I wish to review about it. I thought why not try it and here I am with thank you note to Hudson Canola Oil. :)
This oil has no distinctive smell, light and neutral in taste and contains lowest saturated Fat. If you want to study in deep, find all the details here. This oil deserves one chance to try then you can follow your instinct. Because their tagline say’s “You can’t change your body, but you can change your oil”.
Moving to the recipe, my Ammi heard the ingredients list and told me “this is must try recipe and I’m sure it will taste good.”
How could I probably ignore her inner voice and you too cannot afford to miss this “Kebab’s” this is one of my favourites. Increasingly my favorites list is getting longer. ‘Am I gonna be overweight in few months?;)
This is the best season to serve your guest or surprise them with lavish
Adapted from Komal Taneja
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Frying Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 25 Kebabs
|Amul Paneer||200 gm|
|green Peas||1 cup|
|Spinach||1 1/2 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1/2 cup|
|Kasoori Methi||2 tsp|
|Gram Flour||3 tbsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli pwd||2 tsp|
|Cumin pwd||1/2 tsp|
|dry Mango Pwd||1 tsp|
- Boil the Potatoes. (In a small pressure cooker,pour 2 glass of water, pinch of salt and potato.Wait to hear first whistle, then keep it for more 7minutes on medium flame.)
- Now, strain the water and peel the potato skin.Mash the potatoes and keep it in a large separate bowl. (or use the peeler to remove the potato skin before keeping it to boil)
- Boil the green Peas with 1/2 cup water until it gets tender. Strain it and mash it partially.
- Wash, chop the spinach and blanch it. (Put the chopped Spinach in boiling water for few minutes then keep it on strainer)
- Grate the Indian cottage cheese in to the same bowl.
- Use the roasted and grounded cumin seeds.
- Add the remaining ingredients & chopped Coriander leaves in to the mashed potatoes mixture. (except oil)
- Adjust the salt and chillies and mix them well.
- Make a 1/2 inch rounded cake and shallow fry them on medium flame. (use heated oil)
- Serve the magical kebabs with Tamarind dip/ green Chutney.
RS Notes :-)
- If you observe the kebabs are breaking apart while frying, add more breadcrumbs and make it a habit of putting only one kebab in a oil to see the result.
- How to make breadcrumbs: Take a dry grinder or wipe it with dry kitchen towel before making breadcrumbs.I used 3 slices of bread.